Caribbean Sports Medicine Congress
The Barbados Sports Medicine Association through its subcommittee on Education, as a part of the programme of courses approved and endorsed by the Internal Olympic Committee Medical and Scientific Department for 2011:
The National Olympic Committees of the Caribbean region and their associate National Federations, to participate in the Caribbean Sports Medicine Congress, which has been organized with the following objectives:
1. To provide participants with information on advances in Sports Medicine,
2. To promote the upgrading of standards of scientific knowledge on the part of sports professionals,
3. To share the latest advancements in doping control processes and the list of prohibited substances,
4. To collaborate in the elevation of the technical level of sporting and sports related professionals, and
5. To foster good relations among the sporting and sports related professionals from around the region.
CONGRESS – GENERAL INFORMATION
Location: The Savannah, Christ Church, Barbados
Date: Friday May 6th – Sunday May 8th, 2011
Dr. Hans Larsen, President Caribbean Sports Medicine Association
Dr. A Mansingh, Orthopaedic Surgeon, UHWI, Jamaica
Dr. Adrian Lorde, President, Barbados Sports Medicine Association
Dr. Rene Best, BMSA
Dr. Jacqueline King-Mowatt, Physiotherapist, BSMA
Ms. Kimberley Rudder, Nutritionist, BSMA
Ms. Sharon Coppin, Massage Therapist, BSMA
Mr. George Griffith, Personal Trainer
Mr. Michael Jules, Coach
Certificate of Participation for the Congress signed by the President of the IOC
Requirements for Certification:
• 100% attendance during the Congress
• Participation during the session discussions
Attention to Overseas Participants:
• Reception and transport airport-site-airport
• Coffee break service
• Lunch on Day 1
• Class material and delivery of recorded material
The Organizing Committee will sponsor the accommodation, registration, meals and ground transport (airport-site-airport) for one representative of each participating National Olympic Committee.
The official congress registration forms for representatives for NOCs should be completed and sent to the Barbados Sports Medicine Association on/before Friday April 15 th.
The official congress registration forms for other participants should be completed and sent to:
The Barbados Sports Medicine Association on/before Friday April 29th.
For additional information please contact Mrs. Rosamund Beckles-James (Secretary) or Dr. Karen Bynoe (Public Relations Officer), The Barbados Sports Medicine Association via Email:
or Fax: (246) 426-1998.